Available with Production Mapping license.
As feature templates are no longer needed in your production workflow, they can be removed from the view so they are not used to create new features. For example, if you do not need to create any more buildings that are under construction, you can remove this template from the view. If the view is stored in a shared location, this would also prevent others from creating new buildings that are under construction.
To do this, the template must be deleted from the Create tab, then the view must be overwritten.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Click to choose the feature template you want to delete.
- Right-click the template, then click Delete.
The template is removed from the Create tab.
- Right-click the Create tab on the Manage Features window, point to Update Templates In View, then click the name of the view you want to update.
The Save View message appears.
- Click Yes to overwrite the existing view.