Available with Production Mapping license.
The Extend/Trim Selected Line With Edit Sketch tool allows you to extend or trim a line. If the digitized sketch does not cross the selected features, the line is extended to the digitized sketch, regardless of the topological direction of the sketch.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select the set of polylines to extend.
- Click the Extend/Trim Selected Line With Edit Sketch button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Sketch tool is enabled.
- Draw a line on the map display that does not intersect the selected polylines.
The feature is extended to the line drawn on the map.