Available with Production Mapping license.
The Extend/Trim Selected Line With Edit Sketch tool allows you to extend or trim a line, respectively, by drawing a sketch in the map. If the sketch crosses the selected feature, the feature is trimmed. The starting point of the sketch determines which part is trimmed. If the sketch starts above the feature, the left side of the geometry is trimmed.
When the sketch starts below the feature, the right side of the feature is trimmed.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing Advanced.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select the set of polylines to trim.
- Click the Extend/Trim Selected Line With Edit Sketch button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Draw a line on the map display that intersects the selected polylines.
The feature is trimmed based on where the line has been drawn on the map.