Available with Production Mapping license.
The Fill Hole tool can be used to fill one, multiple, or coincident interior holes from selected polygon geometry. A polygon feature may have more than one interior hole. Instead of removing each hole individually, you can use the Fill Hole tool to fill all the holes at once.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing Advanced.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select the polygons that have holes you want to fill.
- Click the Fill Hole button on the Production Editing Advanced toolbar.
- Press the Ctrl key and click inside any of the selected polygons.
The Fill Hole message appears and notifies you that all holes in the selected features will be filled.
- Click Yes to continue.
The holes are filled, and you are prompted to view the log file.
By default, the log file is located at <Installation location>\Users\<UserLogin>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Production 10.3\Desktop\Editing\LogFiles\FillHoleLogfiles.
- Click Yes to view the log file.