Available with Production Mapping license.
The Fill Hole tool can be used to fill one, multiple, or coincident interior holes from selected polygon geometry. A coincident hole is a hole shared by layered polygons. There is one hole for each polygon, so if there are several polygons, there will be several holes called coincident holes.
- Start ArcMap.
- Load data in the map if necessary.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing Advanced.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Select the polygons that have coincident holes you want to fill.
- Click the Fill Hole button on the Production Editing Advanced toolbar.
- Click the coincident holes you want to fill inside the selected polygons.
A message appears notifying you that the operation will fill only the clicked holes in the selected features.
- Click Yes to continue.
The holes are filled.