You can delete external references at any time. Deleting an external reference causes the deletion of the attributes that may use the external component. It also causes the external reference to be removed from the user profile.
The steps below describe how to delete an external reference:
- Edit your schematic dataset within Schematic Dataset Editor.
- If the schematic dataset resources are not arranged in a tree view in the Schematic Items window, click Views in the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar and click Project Tree.
- Expand the External References main entry at the bottom of the Dataset Editor tree.
- Right-click the entry related to the external reference you want to remove in the Schematic Dataset Editor tree and then click Delete.
The entry related to the external reference and all the schematic attributes based on that removed external reference automatically disappear from the Schematic Dataset Editor tree.
- Click Save on the Schematic Dataset Editor toolbar.