Before generating diagrams from custom queries, you must create a schematic diagram template in your schematic dataset, configure it to work with the Standard builder, and configure the custom queries on the associated schematic feature classes that will be executed to build the diagrams' content.
Learn more about configuring a Standard builder diagram template to build schematic diagrams from custom queries
For generating schematic diagrams from custom queries, the easiest way is to start ArcMap and use the Generate New Schematic Diagram command on the Schematic toolbar. The following section details the steps to generate a Standard schematic diagram built by custom queries in ArcMap.
- Start ArcMap.
- Click the Generate New Schematic Diagram button on the Schematic toolbar.
The New Schematic Diagram dialog box opens.
- Click the Schematic Dataset or Folder drop-down arrow and choose the schematic dataset or the schematic folder in the desired schematic dataset where the generated schematic diagram will be stored.
Learn more about the schematic datasets/folders suggested by default in this drop-down list
- Click the Schematic Diagram Template drop-down arrow and choose the schematic diagram template based on the Standard builder that will be used to generate the schematic diagram.
All the predefined schematic diagram templates available from the currently selected schematic dataset specified in the Schematic Dataset or Folder drop-down list are itemized in this list.
- Keep the [Create New Data Frame] default value in the Output Data Frame drop-down list so the generated schematic diagram automatically displays in a new data frame, or select the data frame in which you want the generated schematic diagram to be added from that drop-down list.
- Type a name or pick up one of the predefined names for the schematic diagram to be generated in the Schematic Diagram Name area.
When a custom query is configured for the schematic diagram template, the Schematic Diagram Name control displays as a drop-down list with predefined schematic diagram names. These names correspond to the schematic diagram identifiers defined for the related schematic diagram template. In that case, you must select one of the predefined diagram names.
If no custom query is specified for the schematic diagram template, the Schematic Diagram Name control displays as a text box where you can type any name for the generated diagram.
- Click OK.
The schematic diagram is generated and displayed in the specified data frame. It is now referenced in the schematic database.