Schematic analyst trace tasks apply to the active schematic diagram—that is, to the schematic diagram selected from the Active Diagram drop-down list.
Schematic analyst trace tasks are generally executed according to predefined parameters. The parameter values can be edited on the Schematic Network Analyst Trace dialog box.
Schematic analyst trace tasks can be performed whether the active schematic diagram is edited or not.
The following steps detail how to perform a schematic analyst trace task to the active schematic diagram:
- Click the desired schematic diagram from the Active Diagram drop-down list.
- Activate the data frame that contains the active diagram if needed.
- Click the Schematic Trace Task drop-down arrow on the Schematic Network Analyst toolbar and choose the task you want to perform.
- Click the Select Features tool .
- Click the schematic nodes from which the schematic analyst trace will be executed.
For example, select one schematic node before executing the Find Connected schematic analyst trace task starting from this node, or select two schematic nodes that will represent the extremity point of your path before executing the Find Path analyst algorithm.
- Select desired links to define barriers on schematic links before the execution (Find Connected, Find Loops, and Find Path can work with lock links).
- Click the Trace Task Properties button to edit the Schematic Network Analyst Trace dialog box, and check or modify the desired parameter values.
- Click OK to close the Schematic Network Analyst Trace dialog box.
- Click the Apply Trace Task button .
The specified schematic trace task is performed on the active schematic diagram and the schematic features detected by the trace display as a selection set.
There are specific conditions that are required for some schematic analyst trace tasks:
- Find Connected—The schematic analyst tracing operation works from the schematic node currently selected in the active schematic diagram.
- Find Path—The schematic analyst tracing operation works from two schematic nodes that must be selected in the active schematic diagram. Exactly two schematic nodes must be selected to enable the Apply Trace Task button.
Learn about the Find Connected schematic trace task properties
Learn about the Find Path schematic trace task properties
Learn about the Find Overlapping Links schematic trace task properties