ArcCatalog is the ArcGIS application for managing GIS data. The ArcGIS Schematics extension extends ArcCatalog to allow you to manage, preview, and navigate schematic data. Once the ArcGIS Schematics extension is enabled in ArcCatalog, specific schematic context menus are available, allowing you to accomplish the following:
- Create schematic datasets.
- Edit schematic datasets using ArcGIS Schematic Dataset Editor and configure your schematic application.
- Create schematic folders where you can store your generated schematic diagrams.
- Manage your schematic diagram storage (copy, delete, rename, and so on).
- Export a schematic dataset to a geodatabase.
- Preview the schematic diagrams you've generated in ArcMap.