The Recast function is used to dynamically modify the function parameter used in a mosaic dataset or image service without physically persisting the changes.
The Recast function contains a list of variable names and the corresponding values that you can change. For example, a mosaic dataset may contain pan-sharpened rasters that are added using a pan-sharpen template. To display a mosaic or image service published from the mosaic with different pan-sharpen weights without modifying the mosaic dataset, you can define a Recast function with the following name and values:
0.37 0.23 0.4
Once you set the values, save it as a template. You can then access the mosaic dataset with the template by adding the template as a mosaic dataset property.
The names of these keywords can be found on the Variable Manager tab of the Raster Function Properties window. The following steps describe how to locate the names of your keywords:
- In ArcMap, click Customize, and choose Customize Mode.
- Click the Commands tab.
- Type Raster Function Template Editor.
- Select the Raster Function Template Editor command, and drag it to any existing toolbar.
- Click Close on the Customize window.
- Click the Raster Function Template Editor button that you dragged onto your toolbar.
- Right-click Identify, point to Insert Function, and choose the function you want to recast. For example, choose Pansharpening Function.
- Click the Variable Manager tab. The Argument field contains the names you can use in the Name field in the Recast function.
The raster product to which the Recast function will be applied.
A table of variable names and user-defined values used to modify a mosaic dataset.