File geodatabases, personal geodatabases, and SQLite databases are generally accessed by one user at a time, and are stored locally in a folder on disk. Therefore, to connect to a file or personal geodatabase or an SQLite database, you must connect to the folder where it is stored.
- Do one of the following to create a connection to the folder that contains the geodatabase or database:
- Click the Connect To Folder button on the Standard toolbar.
- Right-click Folder Connections and choose Connect To Folder.
- Browse to the location of the folder.
- Click OK to establish the folder connection.
- Expand the folder.
- Click the geodatabase or database to which you want to connect to access its contents.