Available with 3D Analyst license.
Generates 3D geometries from existing 2D and 3D input features using rules authored in Esri CityEngine.
The input Rule Package is a CityEngine rule package (.rpk). It is a compressed file containing a compiled CityEngine rule and associated assets used by that rule.
Detailed errors or warnings raised during conversion are written to a log file named PRT#.txt (where # is a numeral that increases incrementally with each run of the tool). The location of this file depends on your operating system:
- On Windows XP, it is at <Install drive>:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\ESRI\GeoProcessing.
- On Windows Vista and Windows 7, it is at <Install drive>:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\ESRI\GeoProcessing.
FeaturesFromCityEngineRules(in_features, in_rule_package, out_feature_class)
Input polygon, or multipatch features.
The CityEngine rule package *.rpk file containing CGA rule information and assets.
The output feature class containing multipatch features with CGA rules applied.
FeaturesFromCityEngineRules example (Python window)
The following Python window script demonstrates how to use the FeaturesFromCityEngineRules tool in immediate mode:
import arcpy from arcpy import env arcpy.CheckOutExtension("3D") env.workspace = "C:/data" arcpy.FeaturesFromCityEngineRules_3d("in_polygons", "rules.rpk", "out_multipatches")
This tool does not use any geoprocessing environments.
- Basic: Requires 3D Analyst
- Standard: Requires 3D Analyst
- Advanced: Requires 3D Analyst