ArcGIS Enterprise represents the evolution of Esri's GIS server technology into a complete GIS platform in your own infrastructure, supporting enterprises of any size. ArcGIS Enterprise provides a full Web GIS experience integrated with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Desktop. See the following prerequisites to get started:
- ArcGIS Enterprise includes many components. See What's included for a list of components.
- Review the ArcGIS Enterprise system requirements for each component.
- Administrative privileges are required for installation.
- On Windows, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is required for installing the ArcGIS Server .NET Extension Support feature. ArcGIS Web Adaptor for IIS also requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5. This version of Microsoft .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft.
- Download and install the component. If upgrading, review Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.6.1. For help, see the corresponding installation guide.
- Obtain your software authorization numbers and authorize the software. If your Portal for ArcGIS organization will use a premium app, such as ArcGIS Pro or Drone2Map for ArcGIS, you will also need ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0 to configure your premium app licenses to specify which members can use the software. See the Portal for ArcGIS Administrator Guide and the License Manager Guide for more information.
Visit ArcGIS Enterprise for access to additional resources such as documentation and support.
ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 includes the following:
- ArcGIS Server—Makes your geographic information available to others in your organization and, optionally, anyone with an Internet connection. It can be licensed in a variety of roles, depending on the capabilities you want to enable for your deployment. See ArcGIS Enterprise licensing for a complete listing of server licensing roles.
- Portal for ArcGIS—Allows you to share maps, apps, and other geographic information with other people in your organization through a website.
- ArcGIS Data Store—An application you can use to set up different types of data stores used by a Portal for ArcGIS hosting server.
- ArcGIS Web Adaptor—Allows ArcGIS Server to integrate with your existing web server. It is compatible with IIS and Java EE servers such as WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Database Server (Workgroup)—Installation for SQL Server Express instance to store geodatabases. This component is only available with ArcGIS Enterprise Workgroup.
- ArcGIS License Manager 2018.0 (Windows and Linux)—This version is required to run ArcGIS 10.6.1 with concurrent use licensing and to configure ArcGIS Pro or Drone2Map for ArcGIS licenses with your Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1 organization. It also supports all other ArcGIS 10.x concurrent use releases.
- ArcGIS Coordinate Systems Data— Contains the data files required for the GEOCON transformation method and vertical transformation files for the United States (VERTCON and GEOID12B) and the world (EGM2008).
ArcGIS Server functionality is provided through server licensing roles. These server licensing roles provide capabilities to an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment:
- ArcGIS GeoEvent Server—Enables real-time event-based data streams to be integrated as data sources in your enterprise GIS. (optional, licensed separately)
- ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server - Available within the ArcGIS Server install and enabled with additional license. (optional, licensed separately)
- ArcGIS Image Server - Available within the ArcGIS Server install and enabled with additional license. (optional, licensed separately)
- ArcGIS Business Analyst Server - Extends the capabilities of the ArcGIS core server product with tools and datasets to enable you to publish and share business data, maps, analyses, models, reports, and more. (optional, licensed separately)
- ArcGIS Enterprise Builder—Provides a simple installation and configuration experience for a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on a single machine.
- ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder Command Line Interface on Amazon Web Services - Command line utility that helps deploy ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Server sites on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- ArcGIS Server Cloud Builder on Amazon Web Services—Application that helps build and maintain an ArcGIS server site on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for Microsoft Azure—Application to deploy GIS servers and web GIS on Microsoft Azure. It helps you to extend your Azure implementation to include ArcGIS.
- ArcGIS Monitor—ArcGIS Monitor provides actionable insights into system usage, performance and overall health of your ArcGIS implementation. ArcGIS Monitor 10.6.1 is compatible with the same release version of ArcGIS as well as earlier versions that are still supported (optional, licensed separately).
Additional licensed extensions available as separate downloads:
- ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension—Enables ArcGIS to read and process over 115 GIS and CAD formats supported by Safe Software's FME.
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer—Provides tools to manage quality control and makes data quality a component of your overall data management strategy.
- ArcGIS Workflow Manager—Provides access to workflow configuration and execution tools through the Workflow Manager Web services.
- ArcGIS Enterprise SDK—A library of Component Object Model (COM) components for Java and .NET developers to extend ArcGIS Server map services implementing Server Object Extensions (SOEs) and Server Object Interceptors (SOI) published from ArcGIS Pro.
- ArcObjects SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework—Documentation and sample code for Microsoft .NET Framework developers customizing and extending ArcGIS Engine, ArcGIS Desktop, and ArcGIS Server.
- ArcObjects SDK for Java—Documentation, tools, and sample code for Java platform developers customizing and extending ArcGIS Engine, ArcGIS Desktop, and ArcGIS Server.
The following are also available with ArcGIS Enterprise and can be found under the Products or other download sections:
- DBMS Support Files—Client libraries and databases used to directly connect to geodatabases.
Language packs (Coming soon)
The following ArcGIS components have localized setups. Language packs are not available separately.
- ArcGIS Server
- Portal for ArcGIS
- ArcGIS Web Adaptor (IIS)
- ArcGIS Web Adaptor (Java Platform)
- ArcGIS Data Store
- ArcGIS GeoEvent Server
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer
- ArcGIS Workflow Manager
Language packs for Portal for ArcGIS help and ArcGIS Data Store help can be applied to view documentation in additional languages.
Upgrading to ArcGIS 10.6.1
- The ArcGIS 10.6.1 setup package is designed to detect and upgrade an existing installation of the same ArcGIS product. The settings for the installation location are retained in the upgrade. However, you'll need to obtain a 10.6.1 software authorization number and re-authorize for use in 10.6. See the installation guide for more information on installation upgrades and new installations.
- Existing ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 authorization numbers will work with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1.
Obtaining software authorization numbers
If needed, your account's primary maintenance contact can obtain authorization numbers from My Esri. After signing in with your Esri account, click My Organizations > Licensing > View Authorizations. Click a product name to obtain its authorization number.
The license version on ArcGIS Enterprise authorizations eligible for use with ArcGIS 10.6.1 will display as 10.6 - 10.6.1 under View Authorizations. Customers in the United States need to contact Esri Telesales to order an additional Named User License of Portal for ArcGIS. For those outside the United States, contact your local distributor for information about your authorization numbers.