Tools that honor the Output Spatial Grid 1, 2, and 3 environments will create feature classes that have the specified spatial index grids if those feature classes support spatial index grids.
- One to three grids will be created for output feature classes, depending on the type of geodatabase and geometry storage type.
- The first, or lowest, grid level has the smallest cell size.
- If you only want one grid, set all others to zero (0).
- If more than one grid is used, each successive grid must be set at least three times larger than the previous level.
- Output Spatial Grid 1—A numeric value for the grid cell size 1
- Output Spatial Grid 2—A numeric value for the grid cell size 2
- Output Spatial Grid 3—A numeric value for the grid cell size 3
arcpy.env.spatialGrid1 = cellsize_value
arcpy.env.spatialGrid2 = cellsize_value
arcpy.env.spatialGrid3 = cellsize_value
A numeric value for the grid cell size
# Set the spatialGrid1, spatialGrid2 and spatialGrid3 environments
arcpy.env.spatialGrid1 = 50
arcpy.env.spatialGrid2 = 200
arcpy.env.spatialGrid3 = 0