Available with Advanced license.
This is a high-level overview of the ArcGIS Aviation user interfaces and tools that allow you to manage aeronautical information and produce high-quality charts.
ArcGIS Aviation includes a number of geoprocessing tools for all aspects of chart production, including cartography, change detection, editing, and obstruction identification surfaces.
Aviation Data Management Tools toolbox
This toolbox contains geoprocessing tools that allow you to create airspace geometries, export FAA 18B data to a shapefile, and create an enterprise geodatabase with the AIS or Airports schema.
- FAA toolset—Tools to export FAA 18B data to shapefiles and import 18B-compliant shapefiles into a geodatabase.
- Create Aviation Geodatabase—Tool to import the AIS or Airports schema into an enterprise geodatabase.
Aviation OIS Tools toolbox
This toolbox contains tools for creating obstruction identification surfaces based on specifications outlined in FAA Advisory Circular 150/5300-18B, FAA Regulations Part 77, ICAO Annex 14, and ICAO Annex 15.
Aviation Tools toolbox
This toolbox contains several toolsets with tools for data editing, change detection, creating obstruction identification surfaces, and cartographic production.
- Cartographic Production toolset—Tools that create and maintain cartographic features
- Data Editing toolset—A tool that updates x and y attributes or the geometry of point features
This section applies to ArcGIS Desktop Advanced only.
The Production Feature Builder toolbar and Feature Builder window allow you to create complex geodesic and ellipsoid features. In addition to functions such as Point (Simple) and Polygon (Simple), feature builder also contains aeronautical-specific functions (Bearing distance and Keyhole (One Point - Azimuth)).
ArcGIS Aviation toolbars
ArcGIS Aviation tools and some ArcGIS Desktop and Production Mapping tools have been organized on aeronautical toolbars to facilitate data and chart production.
Aviation Airports toolbar
This includes tools for creating obstruction identification surfaces and analyzing obstructions that intersect them.
- Obstruction Identification Surfaces
- Create Curved Approach Surface
- Unified Facilities Criteria Surfaces
- Communication Navigation Surveillance surfaces
- OIS Obstruction Analysis
- Evaluate Obstacle
- Terrain and Obstacle Profile
- Obstacle Table
- Import AMDB-compliant Shapefiles into an airports geodatabase
- Migrate data from 18B to 18C Geodatabase
- Manage Airport Signs
Aviation Annotation toolbar
This includes tools for creating and editing annotation.
Aviation Data Management toolbar
This includes tools for creating and editing features.
- Change Reporter
- Change Reporter Results Viewer
- Change Details
- Include Selected Features
- Exclude Selected Features
- Clear Selected Exceptions
- Cartographic Exception Statistics
- Carto Commander
- Activate Masking
- Batch Masking
- Set Data Source
- Create Airspace Areas
- Create Airspace Lines
- Route Processing
- Feature Display Settings
- Aviation Python Script Generator
- Advanced Callout Script Builder
Aviation Editing toolbar
This includes tools for editing data.
Aviation Layout toolbar
This includes some layout and surround element tools for general charts.
Aviation Terminal Procedures toolbar
This includes some surround element tools for terminal charts.