ArcGIS Bathymetry allows you to group several related bathymetry datasets inside of a collection. In addition to grouping the datasets, collections can be attributed with metadata. These metadata values apply to all datasets within the collection. For example, you may have a large number of raster datasets collected in New York harbor as part of a large survey. In this case, you could create a new collection called New York Harbor and configure you own collection metadata fields to store the information related to the survey.
From the Manage Collections dialog box, you can decide whether to create a new collection, edit an existing collection, or delete an existing collection. If you choose to create a new collection or to edit an existing collection, the Collection Name and Metadata fields become editable. Any collection within the active Bathymetry Information System (BIS) geodatabase can be edited.
- Start ArcMap.
- Click Customize > Toolbars > Bathymetry on the main menu to activate the Bathymetry toolbar if necessary.
Click the Manage Collections button on the Bathymetry toolbar.
The Manage Collections dialog box appears.
- Leave the Create new collection option active.
- Type a name for the collection in the Collection Name text box.
- Choose metadata values for your collection as necessary.
- Click OK.
After the process completes, a message appears telling you that the collection was saved successfully.
- Click OK to close the confirmation message.