Available with 3D Analyst license.
In ArcGlobe, you can apply imported 3D textures to symbolize lines so they appear more realistic. Use the following steps to edit the layer properties of a line layer you'd like to symbolize with an imported 3D texture.
- In the table of contents, click the symbol of the line layer you want to modify.
The Symbol Selector dialog box opens.
- Click Edit Symbol.
- Click the Type drop-down arrow and click 3D Texture Line Symbol.
- Browse to the texture you want to use and click Open.
- You can optionally check Vertical orientation to flip the geometry and texture vertically.
The 3D Preview shows how checking this option flips the 3D line symbol to draw in the x,z plane instead of the default x,y plane.
- Click OK on all dialog boxes.