With ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting, several paper chart finishing processes can be automated using the Product Library Chart Automation tool. The tool performs the following actions:
- Adds all layers to the table of contents in ArcMap
- Creates grids and graticules and updates the data frame’s projection, scale, and size accordingly
- Generates cartographic limits
- Generates light sectors
- Converts labels to annotation
- Generates a mask for annotation and sets the advanced drawing options for mask settings
- Masks coastline where features intersect bridges
- Start ArcMap.
- Open the product map document.
- In the Table of Contents, double-click the data frame of the process you want to run.
- Click the General tab.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to Label Engine and choose Maplex Label Engine.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for each chart panel (data frame) of the process you want to run.
- If necessary, open the Catalog window.
- Click Toolboxes > Nautical Tools > Cartography and double-click Product Library Chart Automation.
The Product Library Chart Automation dialog box appears.
- Check the boxes for the processes that you want to run.
- Check the boxes next to the chart panels (data frames) for which you want to run the processes.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the dialog box when the process is complete.
The processes run and layers are added to the map document.