The Recast function is used to dynamically modify the function parameter used in a mosaic dataset or image service without physically persisting the changes.
The Recast function contains a list of variable names and corresponding values you can change to. For example, a mosaic dataset may contain pansharpened rasters that are added using a pansharpen template. To display a mosaic or image service published from the mosaic with different pansharpen weights without modifying the mosaic dataset, you can define a Recast function with the following name and values:
0.37 0.23 0.4
Once you set the values, save it as a template. You can then access the mosaic dataset with the template by adding the template as a mosaic dataset property.
The names of these keywords can be found under the Variable Manager tab of the Raster Function Properties window. Following is a set of steps that shows how to find the name of your keywords.
- In ArcMap, click Customize, and choose Customize Mode.
- Click the Commands tab.
- Type Raster Function Template Editor.
- Highlight the Raster Function Template Editor command, and drag it to any existing toolbar.
- Click Close on the Customize window.
- Click the Raster Function Template Editor button that you dragged onto your toolbar.
- Right-click Identify, point to Insert Function, and choose the function you want to recast. For example, choose Pansharpening Function.
- Click the Variable Manager tab. The Argument field contains the names you can use in the Name field within the Recast function.