License borrowing allows users of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Engine Runtime, ArcGIS CityEngine, and ArcGIS Pro concurrent use to temporarily take licenses from the license manager and install them locally on their machines to use when off the network.
- Launch ArcGIS License Server Administrator from Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Server Administrator.
- Choose Configure from the table of contents.
- Check the Allow License Borrowing check box if unchecked.
- Enter the maximum number of days for which licenses can be borrowed. Shorter borrowing timeouts are recommended.
- Click Apply to apply changes and restart the service.
Borrowing of licenses from the client is achieved using the ArcGIS Administrator for ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Engine, and ArcGIS CityEngine applications. For ArcGIS Pro, borrowing is achieved using the backstage Licensing area of the ArcGIS Pro application. For information on borrowing licenses using applications that utilize ArcGIS Administrator, refer to the Borrow licenses section of the Client machine setup using the ArcGIS Administrator topic. For borrowing licenses in ArcGIS Pro, refer to the Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline topic of the ArcGIS Pro Help documentation.
For controlling borrow timeouts for individual features, please see the Option file topic ACTIVATION_EXPIRY_DAYS.