ArcGIS License Manager allows users to transfer concurrent use and enterprise single use licenses from one machine to another directly. The steps below outline the transfer process. This is useful in large organizations and among ELA customers who want to distribute licenses among different departments in their organizations by setting up multiple license managers.
- Install and authorize the License Manager software on machine 1 as specified in the License Manager installation and startup topic.
- Install the License Manager software on machine 2. At the end of the installation, ArcGIS License Server Administrator appears.
- Click Authorization in the table of contents and click the Authorize Now button to launch Software Authorization Wizard.
- Keep the default option I need to authorize licenses on my license server, choose the product to authorize, then click Next.
- On the next panel, choose the option Authorize your software from a local license server and click Next.
- Specify the name of the license manager you want to transfer licenses from. This is the license manager you set up in step 1.
- Enter the authorization number for the features and the number of licenses you want to transfer.
- Complete the authorization process.
- Start the license service on machine 2 by clicking Start/Stop License Service in the table of contents and clicking the Start button.
To deauthorize License Manager on machine 2, you must first return borrowed licenses (for concurrent use clients) or deauthorize (for enterprise single use clients), before deauthorizing License Manager on machine 2 else these licenses will not be deauthorized. Furthermore, the License Manager on machine 1 must be running in order to successfully deauthorize the License Manager on machine 2 back to the parent License Manager (machine 1).