The following are the three ways to adjust the transparency of a raster layer:
- The most interactive and recommended method is described in the steps below. This method uses the Image Analysis window and allows you to change the transparency for more than one raster layer at a time.
- The second method uses the Effects toolbar. To make this method interactive, you need to check the option to Allow interactive display for Effects toolbar on the Display tab on the Layer Properties dialog box.
- The third method requires you to enter the transparency value on the Display tab on the Layer Properties dialog box.
- To view the Image Analysis window in ArcMap, click Windows on the main menu, and click Image Analysis.
- Select one or more raster layers in the Image Analysis window. The layers listed are derived from the Table of Contents window.
- Next to the Transparency button , drag the slider to increase or decrease the transparency value, or type a value in the text box.
Optionally click the Transparency button to return to the default setting.