The Add Business Listings Customize section allows you to add your own custom business, competitor, or lead point databases to the existing Add Business Listings functionality. Any point feature class can be used.
- Add listings to standard business listings allows you to merge your business listings point files with the existing Infogroup database. All standard fields from the Infogroup database are used so you are required to map your new fields to these existing field names.
- Create your own business listings allows you to build a separate searchable point database and take advantage of the searching and filtering options available with the standard Infogroup database. The existing Infogroup businesses are not available during this search process. You control all fields imported as well as whether they are searchable and filterable. As custom business layers are created, they become available in the Add Business Listings search. Only one layer is searchable at a time.
In the Custom Business Listings dialog box, you can:
Import: Designates if a field is included in the custom business layer.
Name: The original field name of the existing business layer.
Description: The displayed field for the custom business layer.
Allow search: Provides a field in the search functionality.
Allow Filter: Provides a field for refining and filtering in the Preview dialog after the initial search has taken place.
All custom business layers are saved in the following location: \My Output Data\Custom Business Listings
The following folders house these available custom layers:
- Added records: Contains layers of businesses that are added to the existing Infogroup database.
- Custom Datasets: Contains layers of separate custom businesses.
- Deleted Records: Contains layers of deleted business entries.
Custom business layers can be retrieved from the Custom Data node in the in the Business Analyst Window's Project Explorer.