Add Business Listings employs the use of a dialog box where you can search for business listings using a business name. Results can be adjusted and refined prior to displaying locations on the map.
- Access the Add Business Listings search capabilities from Business Analyst menu > Search command or directly from the main search box on the Business Analyst menu.
- The Add Business Listing dialog box appears. Search for businesses by entering a keyword (such as schools, pharmacy, Bravo Surf) in the text box and click Search.
Click Advanced Options to refine and filter your results before adding the desired businesses to the map.
Here are some features:
- Search (text box): Allows you to enter the business name or business type keywords.
- Search (button): Searches for businesses.
- Classic View: Opens a traditional business search dialog containing search options such as SIC, NAICS, annual sales, location, etc.
- Advanced Options: Enables more search features such as limiting the geographic extent, number of results, and keywords.
- Search box down arrow: Allows you to change and set the searchable business databases. For example you can search within the default Infogroup database or change the search to find only custom businesses.
- Exact Match: Searches only for text entered. For example, if you type Johnson's Supermarket, then Johnson's Supermarket & Pharmacy will not be returned.
- Search for Company name only: Search is limited to the company name field. This will refine your search results and return potential matches.
- Show All: Returns all businesses within the extent, regardless of keywords or filters.
- Remove from this search excludes an entry from the analysis.
- Remove permanently excludes the entry from the current and future searching.
- Select all selects all entries which is convenient for performing actions such as removing entries. For example, select all pharmacies in a particular area, exclude them, then they will be unavailable the next time a search is performed.
- Restore all removed allows you to add all removed entries back to the Preview dialog box.
- Clear Search removes the previous search parameters and filters allowing you to enter new search parameters without closing the Preview dialog box.
- Save results as layer allows you to enter a name for the business layer. Business layers are saved to \My Output Data\Projects\<Project>\Custom Data. They can be retrieved from the Custom Data node in the in the Business Analyst Window’s Project Explorer.
- Uncheck an entry to exclude it from the analysis.
- Select an entry to make it the only entry available. Active entries will appear with an underline.
- Numeric volume fields are shown with a slider to refine the results. You can also manually enter the desired minimum or maximum values. Refine modifies <Min> and <Max> to the nearest available value in the business point database and recalculates the histogram.
- When filtering options are used, a Clear Filters entry is added. Clicking Clear Filters will return the Preview dialog to its original state.
When Search is clicked, the Preview dialog box appears and allows you to better filter and refine your potential business locations. The filters section, at left, allows you to limit the entries added to the map.
Search results options:
The results section allows you to preview business entries and modify them. For example you can right click on the entries to enable additional options, such as removing them from the analysis.
Filter Section options: