Learn more about the Benchmark report.
- Click the Business Analyst menu and click Reports.
- Click Run Reports and click Next.
- Click Benchmark Report and click Next.
- Choose the Business Analyst trade areas you want to include in your Benchmark report. Use the arrows to add or remove the trade areas.
- Click + to add other polygon layers and click Next.
- Choose the fields you want to benchmark and click Next.
- Choose any additional fields you want to appear in the report.
These will not be benchmarked but may be helpful when viewing the report. For example, you might benchmark a series of franchise locations and show whether each location is privately owned. This field will be associated with each record but not benchmarked.
- Click Next.
- To enable the benchmarking functionality, check the Compare trade area values against a benchmark check box.
- Choose your benchmark type:
- Use a Trade Area: This option uses an existing trade area polygon to compare against all other polygons.
- Use the Average of all values: This option calculates the statistical average of all data variables in each trade area, then shows the differences of each.
- Use the Median of all values: This option calculates the statistical median of all variables in each trade area, then shows the differences of each.
- Click Next.
A preview window appears.
- Review this window to get an idea of the output that appears before permanently exporting to a report format. Click Next.
- Review the report options and name your report. You can export to numerous format options (PDF, CSV, and so on), or export directly to tables.
- Check the Generate Excel Spreadsheet check box to export your information into a presentation-quality .xls file.
- Check the Generate Database Table check box to export your information into a .dbf file.
- Choose the layout orientation and initial sorting options and click Finish.
Depending on the options you choose, the Benchmark report is exported to a file or immediately appears on screen.