Available with Advanced license.
This is a high-level overview of the ArcGIS for Aviation user interfaces and tools that allow you to manage aeronautical information and produce high-quality charts.
ArcGIS for Aviation includes a number of geoprocessing tools for all aspects of chart production, including cartography, change detection, editing, data exchange, and obstruction identification surfaces.
Aviation Data Management Tools toolbox
This toolbox contains geoprocessing tools that allow you to work with AIXM 4.5 and 5.1-compliant data, create airspace geometries, export FAA 18B data to a shapefile, and create an enterprise geodatabase with the AIS or Airports schema.
- AIXM toolset—Tools to import and export AIXM 4.5-compliant XML documents to and from the Aeronautical Information System (AIS) geodatabase and create airspace geometries based on derived AIXM specifications. The geoprocessing dialog boxes for the workbenches allow you to specify the import or export parameters. The tools can be edited by accessing the Data Interoperability Workbench window.
- FAA toolset—Tools to export FAA 18B data to shapefiles and import 18B-compliant shapefiles into a geodatabase.
- Create Aviation Geodatabase—Tool to import the AIS or Airports schema into an enterprise geodatabase.
Aviation OIS Tools toolbox
This toolbox contains tools for creating obstruction identification surfaces based on specifications outlined in FAA Advisory Circular 150/5300-18B, FAA Regulations Part 77, ICAO Annex 14, and ICAO Annex 15.
Aviation Tools toolbox
This toolbox contains several toolsets with tools for data editing, change detection, creating obstruction identification surfaces, and cartographic production.
- Cartographic Production toolset—Tools that create and maintain cartographic features
- Data Editing toolset—A tool that updates x and y attributes or the geometry of point features
This section applies to ArcGIS Desktop Advanced only.
The Production Feature Builder toolbar and Feature Builder window allow you to create complex geodesic and ellipsoid features. In addition to functions such as Point (Simple) and Polygon (Simple), feature builder also contains aeronautical-specific functions (Bearing distance and Keyhole (One Point - Azimuth)).
ArcGIS for Aviation toolbars
ArcGIS for Aviation tools and some ArcGIS for Desktop and Production Mapping tools have been organized on aeronautical toolbars to facilitate data and chart production.
Aviation Airports toolbar
This includes tools for creating obstruction identification surfaces (OISs) and analyzing obstructions that intersect OISs.
Aviation Annotation toolbar
This includes tools for creating and editing annotation.
Aviation Data Exchange toolbar
This includes tools for importing data from one format into another.
Aviation Data Management toolbar
This includes tools for creating and editing features.
- Change Reporter
- Change Reporter Results
- Change Details
- Include Selected Feature(s)
- Exclude Selected Feature(s)
- Clear Selected Exception(s)
- Cartographic Exceptions Statistics
- Carto Commander
- Activate Masking
- Batch Masking
- Set Data Source
- Create Airspace Areas
- Create Airspace Lines
- Route Processing
- Feature Display Settings
- Aviation Python Script Generator
Aviation Editing toolbar
This includes tools for editing data.
Aviation Layout toolbar
This includes some layout and surround element tools for general charts.
Aviation Profile Edit toolbar
This includes tools to edit profile views and the elements within, such as vertical lines, runways, DME symbols, and fly visual arrows.
- Altitude Editor
- Add DME Symbol
- Reverse Instrument Approach Profile
- Add Runway
- Add Fly Visual Arrow
- Add Stipple
- Draw Tray to Scale
- Refresh Missed Approach Box
- Solid Vertical Line
- Dashed Vertical Line
- Solid Column
- Solid Column with Cone
- Solid Cone with Outline
- Solid Cone
- Relate Elements
- Unrelate Elements
- Straight Holding Pattern
- Curved Holding Pattern
- Angled Holding Pattern
- New Text
- Edit Vertices
Aviation Terminal Procedures toolbar
This includes some surround element tools for terminal charts.