The following defines the recommended security model for protecting data in the Roadway Characteristics Editor (RCE). You can configure multiple instances of RCE for different user groups and use Integrated Windows Authentication (IWS) or the ArcGIS for Server built-in store to protect the data in the map service deployed in each instance of RCE.
- Open ArcGIS for Desktop and publish a linear referencing-capable map service for each RCE user group.
As a best practice, you should only add the event layers necessary for the group's workflow.
- Open the ArcGIS for Server Manager in a web browser:
- Browse to your RCE folder and copy the configuration file. By default, this file is named config.json.
- Rename the file. Change the webmap properties to point to the map service you published and configured in steps 1 through 3.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 as necessary for each RCE user group.
User groups can now access their own instance of RCE through a URL parameter:http://<YourServerName>/rce/?config=<YourConfigFile>.json
Only users with sufficient privileges will be permitted to view and edit the contents of this RCE instance.